In collaboration with students, families, and community partners, students are prepared to succeed in their chosen pathway, whether it be university, college, apprenticeship or the world of work. Some specialized programs we offer include Dual Credit in conjunction with Conestoga College and the potential for paid cooperative education credits. During lunch, students have the opportunity to participate in a number of extracurricular activities based on their interests. Learners work towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or an Ontario Secondary School Certificate.
We care about youth and believe that each learner is a gift from God, full of potential and promise. Students learn in a variety of ways. St. John Bosco provides a unique caring model of learning that can be more successful for students. We work closely with community agencies to address complex student needs by fostering a team approach with regular communication.
At St. John Bosco, we live the philosophy of Christ, believing that every person has worth. We strive to nourish the whole person by addressing a student's physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social needs.
1. We have a shared responsibility with student, family, school, parish and
2. We are committed to providing a safe, caring and welcoming environment.
3. Everyone is entitled to a place of belonging and respect.
4. We share a commitment to overcoming adversity and challenges.
5. We’re all unique and blessed gifts of God.
We believe that:
• Teachers make a significant difference in the lives of our students
• Education is a community responsibility
• A commitment to values guide actions and behavior
• Embracing diversity contributes to the strength of the community
• All people have the responsibility to treat other with respect
• Openness to change provides opportunities for growth
• Leaders must have clear goals focused on children
• Opportunities and resources must be equitably distributed
• A safe, physical environment needs to be sustained
• There is a commitment to the vision